- 1 How to use dried eggplant for a family supper
- 2 Southern dried eggplant casserole
- 3 Southern dried eggplant casserole
How to use dried eggplant for a family supper
The use of dried eggplant in a family supper seems to be no less varied and delicious than dried mushrooms. Thus, can use prepared vegetables for soup, stews with gravy, a potato, and rice casseroles. It is possible to prepare stuff for stuffed fish or meatloaf from them, salads, and snacks.
It is elementary to prepare dehydrated eggplants: cut a few kilograms of vegetables into rings or slices without removing the peel. Place on a dry baking sheet and place in a dehydrator. We get a deliciously tasty component from which you can come up with culinary masterpieces in any weather!
Dried eggplant is easy to use for a family supper. First, fill them with hot water, leave for 20-40 minutes, and start cooking.
Eggplant contains many nutrients and vitamins. Even after drying, they retain their useful composition. They are a dietary food (0.1-0.4% fat, 0.6-1.4% protein, 2.8-4.6% sugar) and low-calorie product (33 kcal in a boiled vegetable), so they to be consumed by those who want to lose weight or eat right.
The following products are incredibly successfully combined with eggplant:
- Sour cream and Greek yogurt
- Soy sauce
- Basil, rosemary, parsley
- Tomato paste
- White wine
- Ground white pepper
Southern dried eggplant casserole
A light casserole perfect for a summer family supper. For example, Greek moussaka is so delicious, And Italian eggplant Parmesan casserole. I propose to cook a casserole of dried eggplant and rice under a cheese crust, the recipe for which is quite simple. However, you will still be able to surprise gourmets.
In this recipe, you can also substitute for in-season fresh eggplant. Thanks to the dehydrated eggplant, I love this recipe because I can cook it even during the cold season.
My order for a mini cocotte has not yet been delivered, so I prepared this casserole for a family dinner in serving rings, and you can make it in a large baking dish or in a cast iron La cocotte. Thus, you can add elegance and a sense of celebration to your dish.
Reliable cookware from the Staub brand
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. By clicking on the link, you do not pay extra for anything.
Southern dried eggplant casserole
- 100 g Rice
- 1 pc Egg
- 300 g Eggplant chips
- 40 g Olive oil
- 80 g White onion
- 240 g Bulgarian pepper
- 400 g Tomatoes
- 5 g Dried coriander
- 20 g Garlic
- 100 g Hard cheese
- 60 g Flour
- 20 g Butter
- ⅕ cups Milk
- To taste Nutmeg
- To taste Salt
- Pour rice into a bowl, fill with cold water. We wash it thoroughly, drain the water. Then put the washed rice into a saucepan, fill it with water (200 ml) and send it to the fire. Salt to taste. Boil rice until tender. The rice should be crumbly. Break the chicken egg into the finished chilled rice, mix.
- Soak eggplant in water. To do this, put the eggplants in a bowl, fill them with boiling water, cover them with a lid, and leave for 20 minutes. Then we drain the water, fry the eggplants in olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add coriander to the vegetables, pour 150-200 ml of water, simmer until the liquid evaporates completely. Peel the garlic, pass it through a press. We spread the garlic in a vegetable mix, salt to taste, mix.
- Fry the flour in a dry frying pan until light golden brown. Then pour milk and add a piece of softened butter, stir with a whisk until smooth. Keep on fire until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Now remove from heat, add a pinch of ground nutmeg and salt to taste.
Prepare for baking
- Put the rice in a baking dish, tamp it. Then we lay out the stewed vegetables, we also tamp. Fill with prepared bechamel sauce. Grate the cheese, sprinkle the surface of the casserole.
- We send the form to the oven preheated to 464 F (240 C), bake for 10 minutes. Rim can be removed at the end and your dish on a beautifully shaped table.