- 1 Why we should dehydrate food? — Solar Free Food Dehydrators
- 2 Food saver ideas — For food dehydrators
- 3 What to cook if you have a food dehydrator near me
- 4 Types of food dehydrators
- 5 Why better not use the oven or solar dehydrator?
- 6 Why better not use the oven or food solar dehydrator?
- 7 Can I food dehydrate cheese?
- 8 Benefits of using dehydrators
- 9 Grab a recipe for your inspiration!
- 10 Yummy fruit leather
- 11 Enjoy!
- 12 DEHYDRATOR! Strawberry Fruit Roll-Up
Why we should dehydrate food? — Solar Free Food Dehydrators
Modern society promotes concoction right livelihood. More and more people encourage mindful living and eating. The myths that you hear about healthy eating are pretty old. Healthy snack it’s not only celery and cucumber.
Our ancestors used to dry vegetables and fruits with food solar dehydrators, which occupied a really large space and the process of drying was pretty long. Later, people invented an industrial dehydrator, which was pretty fast but still very big. Food Dehydrator VIVOHOME Electric 400W is very compact for comparison. That compact, that you can have in your kitchen.
Food saver ideas — For food dehydrators
Nowadays, it’s easy to have some bars made from dried fruits, which are still delicious but also wholesome. Besides, it’s very easy to prepare it on your own. And not only bars. Dehydrating cherries? Okay. Dehydrating strawberries? Easy! Add them to your oatmeal, and you have a perfect breakfast.
Fruits and vegetables are full of fiber which absorbs in your body, helps to remove toxins out. Dry fruits and vegetables are also good for people who suffer from allergies. In addition, it’s a perfect food saver idea!
What to cook if you have a food dehydrator near me
“So how can I prepare it?” you will think. What if we will say that a device that removes moisture from food to aid in its preservation exists? Elechomes Food Dehydrator UH0401.
You can reach the next level if you make vegetable powder, which you can use for quick preparing soup. Or apple powder for a perfect cake? With a food dehydrator at home, you can easily prepare freeze-dried fruit powder. So food dehydrators have different temperature charts? Exactly! This is not a food solar dehydrator, you set the temperature!
So food dehydrators have different temperature charts? Exactly!
Types of food dehydrators
There are also different types of dehydrators.
Dehydrators with pull-out shelves have a large fan in the back that circulates the air better and more evenly, which results in more consistent results. Dehydrators with pull-out shelves are typically made of more solid materials to better control the temperature.
Why better not use the oven or solar dehydrator?
A lot of people think it’s easy to dry food in the oven. Let’s think: the lowest oven temperature is 167 °F (75 °C). The Excalibur Dehydrator is manually healable to 105 °F (ca. 41 °C), for example. Which keeps all food’s benefits.
Why better not use the oven or food solar dehydrator?
We still can use food solar dehydrators, but who will defend against insects? Is there someone who wants to find ant-it-dried spinach?
Did you ever think that you can prepare dehydrated chicken? So that means you can do even more than just dehydrating celery!
Can I food dehydrate cheese?
You have a very wide variety. Just ask if you can dehydrate cheese? And the answer is YES! Here’s a tip: Cheese is a high fat content food that tends to go rancid much more quickly, and shouldn’t be used for long-term storage.
Dehydrators are also very cost-effective in the long run. They allow you to buy produce in bulk, especially when it is in season or on sale and store it to use later on. They’re also a great tool for gardeners who often have a surplus of ingredients on hand.
Grab a recipe for your inspiration!
Fruit Leather Preparing time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Serving: 4 person
- 2 cups (0.47 l) fresh fruit (any, whichever you prefer);
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- Blend chosen fruits, add sugar and lemon (should become well blended and smooth)
- Spread mixture evenly across the dehydrator tray (silicone mat!)
- Cover with lid and set the dehydrator to 140 °F (ca. 60 °C)
- Leave for 4 hours and read some books or watch your favorite series
- Cut into portions and roll in parchment paper to keep in the fridge.