Do you have dried bananas in your pantry?
And it is convenient to give dried bananas with you to educational institutions for children because they take up a minimum of space, and they are perfect for a snack (and a healthy one). I love adding dried fruits and berries to yogurt with granola, and my family happily eats this for breakfast.
How do Dehydrating bananas?
Experience has shown that the original taste of bananas determines the taste of dried bananas. It happens that fruits with not very pleasant taste characteristics come in. The degree of ripeness of a banana does not really matter. Just not many greenish fruits are better cut.
Preparing bananas for drying is simple: they need to be washed, peeled, and cut into slices 1/8 inch thick. I prefer to cut in circles, but the shape of the cut does not matter. The main thing is to observe the thickness. If desired, the prepared banana slices can be drizzled with lemon juice to preserve the color of the banana, but this is not always the case. The darkening of the dried bananas does not bother my family.
In my recipe below, I offer several options for dried bananas and even fruit peels. You can see a detailed description of this process in this article.
Shop Related Products
According to users, the most popular models on Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. By clicking on the link, you do not pay extra for anything.
Dehydration of bananas - seven ways
- Food Dehydrator
- 24 pcs Banan
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Red pepper
- 50 ml Soy sauce
- Cooking spray Baking
- Wash bananas thoroughly and peel them. We placed 7 pieces of bananas at a distance from each other.
- Cook banana chips. Peel the bananas, and set the circles to a thickness of 1.8 inches (4.57 cm). Then place the bananas on the wire rack. It takes 5-7 bananas to fill one tray.
- Banana powder (flour). Cut into slices, but thinner than for banana chips. Place on the dehydrator tray; You need 4-5 bananas.
- Making banana tortillas. For this method, you must use a solid bath or silicone mat. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil, add two peeled bananas and cover with baking paper. Cover with a board and press down with all your strength. Bananas should flatten; Walk with a rolling pin for confidence. Peel off the paper carefully, and the banana tortillas are ready.
- Banana rolls. Take three bananas and blend until lump-free puree. Lubricate a hard pann or silicone mat with vegetable oil. Spread the mashed banana evenly.
- Banana kebab. You will need 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika for four bananas, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper, 50 ml of soy sauce. Each banana mode is across and across the floor, then each half mode is three-piece long. Dip in soy sauce on all sides. Transfer to an oiled pan of food desiccant and season with paprika and pepper.
- Banana peel. After processing so many bananas, I still have many banana peels. Peel, cut into small pieces, and place on the mesh of dehydrator trays.
- All six trays are complete, and we can load the dehydrator, close the lid and set the temperature. 113 °F (ca. 45 °C) and the maximum value of the timer.
- Chips 48 hours
- Whole 72 hours
- Powder 48 hours
- Johnny-cake 18 hours
- Roll 12 hours
- BBQ 18 hours
- Banana peel at a temperature 158 F (70 C) 14-16 hours