- 0.1 Homemade freshly baked bread without the hassle
- 0.2 How to make homemade bread
- 0.3 Baking sourdough without a Dutch oven
- 0.4 The dough preparation process for freshly baked bread
- 0.5 Freshly baked bread from the oven
- 0.6 Freshly baked bread readiness
- 1 Homemade freshly baked bread
Homemade freshly baked bread without the hassle
Freshly baked bread – this is a simple five-ingredient bread. I perfected it, and it’s great for dipping in soup, like a sandwich, or just eating with a lump of butter! What could be tastier than a special bread with homemade yogurt?
A loaf of homemade bread in 5 minutes a day will prepare bread using new technology today. You only need five minutes of your time to combine the ingredients and form the bread, and the bread spends all other time without your participation. This recipe will delight those who do not like long fermentation and do not like to wait for a long time. Everything will be straightforward and fast.
And most importantly, you will need for freshly baked bread four ingredients: flour, water, salt, and yeast. The result is a beautiful crumb and crunchy crust.
How to make homemade bread
I combine warm water with salt and mix everything with dry soluble yeast. You can replace dry instant yeast with fresh. Do not be afraid that salt combines with water and yeast since we integrate everything very quickly, so the salt does not have time to react. Now we add this mixture to a bowl with sifted flour, and I will connect everything with the help of a whisk, or you can use your hands. Doesn’t matter how you knead the dough to get freshly baked bread.
We combine 30 – 40 seconds until all the flour combines with other ingredients. You should have a sticky mass. We cover the bowl with cling film, make several punctures in the cling film so that when the dough rises, carbon dioxide can escape through the hole. Set the bowl in a warm place for 2 hours. After two hours, the dough expanded significantly and began to bubble.
Baking sourdough without a Dutch oven
You now have two options: bake the bread right away, or send it to the refrigerator for cold fermentation. Can store such dough in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and bake bread when you need it. It seems very convenient, but most importantly, whoever is impatient can start baking right away. My family always waits for homemade freshly baked bread with great impatience, so I bake it right away.
If you prepare this dough for future use, then after you take it out of the refrigerator, be sure to let it warm up for at least 40 minutes at room temperature. Better yet, leave the dough for 1 hour 30 minutes. By the way, with cold dough, it will be much easier to work.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. By clicking on the link, you do not pay extra for anything. Thus, the site can develop and help you choose a quality product and cook with pleasure for the family.
The dough preparation process for freshly baked bread
Sprinkle the work surface with flour. Keep in mind that the dough is somewhat sticky, so much more flour is required than dough. Place the dough on a work surface and knead slightly. If the dough sticks to your finger, dip your fingers in flour, and then it will be much easier to work with such a dough.
I fold the dough into an envelope. The first one, I press half to the center, then press the other slightly, and then the two remaining sides also slightly press down. After folding the dough into an envelope, you can put it into a ball if you plan to make round bread. If you plan to make a long, the shape of the bread will then have to be molded differently. Choose the form for your freshly baked bread according to your preference. Can make it in the round in “Country bread” or longer in the style of “French bread.”
Turn the dough with the seam down, if necessary, lightly dust the work surface with flour, put and turn slightly. Shaped bread must be left at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel or cling film on the work surface.
You can put it on parchment paper and cover it with cling film smeared with vegetable butter with the oil side, bake bread on the same parchment paper. If your parchment paper does not withstand high temperatures, do not use it once you mold the bread. Take a cast-iron skillet or a baking sheet or stone for pizza.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Freshly baked bread from the oven
We put the baking sheet in the oven on the lower middle shelf and turn on the oven at 446 °F (230 °C) degrees for 30 minutes. Transfer the dough and parchment paper to a well-heated skillet.
Advice: If you are unsure about the quality of your parchment paper just put the dough in a greased skillet.
It is imperative to make incisions. I usually make one longitudinal long incision and three more small cuts on each side. The only small drawback of this test is that it is sticky, and when you make cuts, it is a little to cling to the blade. To get a golden brown and beautiful crust on freshly baked bread, brush the dough with an egg and salt mixture before baking. Before sending the bread to bake at the bottom of the oven, put a container that needs to be poured with 300 milliliters of hot water. It’s for steam in the oven. We send bread to bake for 30-35 minutes at a temperature of 446 °F (230 °C).
Freshly baked bread readiness
After the time has elapsed, check the readiness with a fragment. If it remains dry, then the bread is ready. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely. Immediately after baking, the crust of the bread is quite hard, but after half an hour, it is much softer.
The crumb of the bread is lovely, very pleasant, tender, and airy. I think such freshly baked bread will not leave anyone indifferent, try this recipe! Everything is effortless and, most importantly, fast from simple ingredients. I wish you Bon appetite!
Homemade freshly baked bread
- Cast-iron pan
- 500 g Premium or general flour
- 375 ml Warm water
- 1,5 tsp Salt
- 1,5 tsp Dry instant yeast About or 15 g fresh yeast
- Combine warm water with salt and dry yeast and stir.
- Combine with sifted flour and stir quickly for 40 seconds.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and puncture to remove carbon dioxide. Set the bowl of dough in a warm place for two hours.
- After two hours, the dough expanded significantly and began to bubble.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and lay out the dough.
- Fold the dough with an envelope. First, press one half to the center, press the other slightly and press the two remaining sides lightly. After you have folded t envelope, you can collect the dough into a ball.
- Shaped bread must be left at room temperature again for 30 minutes before baking.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the lower middle shelf, turn on the oven at 446 ° F (230 ° C) for 30 minutes, and heat the cast iron skillet. Make cuts in the bread and place them in a preheated skillet or bread pan.
- Before sending the bread to bake at the bottom of the oven, put a container that needs to be poured with 300 milliliters of hot water. It's for steam in the oven. We send bread bake for 30-35 minutes at a temperature of 446 ° F (230 ° C).
- If you are unsure about the quality of your parchment paper
just put the dough in a greased skillet.
- The dough will rise differently each time, depending on the temperature/humidity inside and outside your home.
- To make sure the dough rises, you can use the dough proofer.
Easy Homemade Sourdough Bread