- 0.1 Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer
- 0.2 Get the perfect bread in your kitchen
- 0.3 Slow cooking with one basket
- 0.4 Perfection for fermentation and cultivation
- 0.5 How to make lactose free yogurt – Recipe
- 1 Homemade lactose-free yogurt
Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer
Folding proofer the best way to control the ingredients in your food and avoid unwanted chemicals is to do it at home from scratch. Sometimes this is easier said than done, so today, I would like to introduce you to a kitchen tool that will help make this job easier and faster! The Brod & Taylor Collapsible Proofer takes the guesswork out of baking bread, simplifies homemade yogurt making, and keeps chocolate at temperatures ideal for melting or post-tempering use. With the ability to work with both gluten-free and lactose-free diets, once you’ve done it all, this 3-in-1 folds up for easy storage.
A folding proofer and slow cooker that goes beyond traditional kitchen appliances with endless versatility. Prepare delicious meals from one pot using your favorite Dutch oven or pot.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. By clicking on the link, you do not pay extra for anything. Thus, the site can develop and help you choose a quality product and cook with pleasure for the family.
Get the perfect bread in your kitchen
Bakers will love the precise, moist, and low-temperature control in the proofing mode. Suitable for sourdough and leavened bread. Whether you are a novice baker or a seasoned hobbyist, this tool will help you create aromatic open-textured bread ready when you want them. Folding proofer Ideal for raising and fermenting yeast dough for bread or sourdough with moisture and low-temperature control.
- Proofing mode 70-120 F (21-49 C) with additional moisture.
- A different water pan creates ideal steam for baking bread.
- Get professional results when baking whole grain or traditional gluten-free bread.
The Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer creates a stable low-temperature heat environment vital to many kitchen processes. Enjoy precise temperature control and constant humidity.
Slow cooking with one basket
The Collapsible Folding Proofer and Slow Cooker are best for traditional slow cooking, sous vide, and even black garlic.
Just place a metal pan with a metal lid directly on the heating plate. For slow cooking in a proofer, c can remove the wire shelf and water tray. Set the temperature on the digital panel according to the desired temperature. The advantage of the proofer is that it allows you to control the ingredients used in your food and can also help you save money by cooking at home.
- Place your favorite Dutch oven or saucepan in it and turn on the slow cooking function at the touch of a button.
- Degree temperature for control and additional humidity.
- Set the quiet cooking setting at 85-195 F (30-90 C).
Perfection for fermentation and cultivation
It is the ideal solution for fermentation and cultivation. Discover a whole new world of fermented foods – from yogurt to kombucha and tempeh.
Brod & Taylor’s folding proofer, used in drying mode, is best for yogurt, chocolate, butter, tempeh, kefir, kombucha, sour cream, crème, cheese. Remove the water tray and place the containers on the wire rack above the heating plate.
How to make lactose free yogurt – Recipe
Homemade lactose-free yogurt
- Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker
- 2 quart / L Milk
- ¼ / 60 cup / ml Plain yogurt with live cultures
- Using either the microwave or stovetop, heat the milk to 200 °F (93 °C). If using the stovetop, stir frequently to prevent scorching. Once the milk reaches 200 °F (93 °C), remove it from the heat. Cover and keep warm for ten minutes.
- Uncover the milk and allow it to cool until it is 115 °F (46 °C) or lower. For faster cooling, set the container of milk into a pan or sink full of cold water. While the milk is cooling, set up the Proofer with the rack in place and the temperature at 120 °F (49 °C).
- To inoculate the milk, add the yogurt with live cultures to a small bowl. Gradually add enough warm milk to the bowl to thin the yogurt and stir until smooth. Add the liquefied culture back into the larger container of milk and stir gently to combine. Pour the milk into culturing jars, cover the jars and set in the Proofer.
- Culture at 120 °F (49 °C) for an Hour, then Lower the Heat to 86 °F (30 °C). Set a kitchen timer for one hour, then turn the heat down to 86 °F (30 °C). It’s important not to let the yogurt remain at 120 °F (49 °C) for more than an hour in order to avoid the whey separation and lumpy texture that can come from culturing too hot.
- Set Aside Yogurt to Make the Next Batch. After about three hours (one hour at 120 °F (49 °C) plus two at 86 °F (30 °C)), remove enough yogurt to serve as the starting culture for your next batch of yogurt. Store it in the refrigerator and consider labeling it “contains lactose”. It is important to remove some yogurt early so that your culture will still have enough food (lactose) to last until it is time to make your next batch. When the culturing is complete, chill the yogurt thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Whisking the milk to cover the surface with bubbles will prevent the milk from forming during heating and cooling.
- For the best heat circulation and most accurate culturing temperature, arrange the jars so that they are not directly over the center of the Proofer.
- It is convenient to include one small container among your larger culturing jars so that it can be easily removed early to serve as the seed culture for your next batch of yogurt.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Product features folding proofer
- Provides ideal conditions for raising bread dough, even in cool or dry conditions.
- Precise digital temperature control allows you to unleash the best flavors of homemade bread.
- Total growth provides the best structure and texture for the bread dough.
- Consistent, tasty, and professional homemade bread results.
- Are the guests coming? Proofer set to 85F raises dough twice as fast as in a 68F kitchen.
- No more unpleasant odors from too warm or uneven oven cooking. Ideal for heating cold dough from the refrigerator.
- Maintains constant warmth and humidity for an overnight starter or pre-fermentation.
- Indispensable for sourdough – promotes total rise without the risk of damage by delicate wild yeast from overheating.
- Provides total growth of croissants and other pastry doughs without the danger of butter melting.
- Place your favorite Dutch oven or pot within and set to slow cook with a one-touch button dynamic switch to Slow Cooker mode.
- Degree-by-degree temperature for control and optional humidity.
- Most slow cookers do not allow temperature control.
- Grows 8 liters of yogurt in just 2-4 hours
- The unique high-low temperature method ensures fast, food-safe, and smooth, thick yogurt.
- The largest capacity among home yogurt makers – up to 8 liters.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Slow melting without risk, even for light-burning white chocolate.
- Maintains the ideal working temperature of the chocolate after tempering.
- Stunning chocolate curls are easy to make from a block of proof-heated chocolate.
|Temperature Range||70–195F / 21–90C|
|Body Material||Reinforced Polypropylene|
|Water Tray Material||Aluminum|
|Heating Plate Material||Solid Brushed Aluminum|
|Dimensions (Interior)||14.75 x 12.5 x 8” high, 8.5″ high without rack / 37.5 x 32 x 20 cm high|
|Dimensions (Exterior Open)||18 x 14.5 x 10” high / 46 x 37 x 25.5cm high|
|Dimensions (Exterior Closed)||18 x 14.5 x 2.75” high / 46 x 37 x 6.5cm high|
|Weight||9.5 lbs / 4.3 kg|
|Power||120V, 60Hz (200W)|
|Part Storage||Rack and water tray fit inside Folding Proofer for storage.|
|Model Number||U.S.A. and Canada (120V): FP-105|