- 0.1 Are dehydrating bananas good for you?
- 0.2 How to dehydrate bananas — seven ways
- 0.3 How do dehydrating bananas unusually?
- 0.4 Dehydrator Temperature Diagram and Banana Cooking Time
- 0.5 Ready-made snacks dehydrating bananas
- 0.6 Dehydrating bananas BBQ
- 1 Dehydration of bananas - seven ways
Are dehydrating bananas good for you?
Dehydrating bananas are a healthy and tasty snack that can be cooked in the Fruit and Vegetable Dehydrator. When cooked, they retain many vitamins, so they do not differ much from the original taste. But if you dry or roast them in the most ordinary oven, then nothing good will come of it. So, the main thing is to use a fruit and vegetable dehydrator!
The question “how to dehydrate bananas” will no longer bother you. Today, I want to offer you seven ways to dehydrate bananas. Unfortunately, I could not single out one favorite, so it’s up to you to decide.
Why go to the supermarket to dehydrate bananas when you can make them at home? Firstly, they are banally tasteless. The product from the dehydrator has an entirely different taste. Secondly, one can only guess about the storage conditions for dried bananas in the store’s warehouse. And thirdly, it’s profitable.
How to dehydrate bananas — seven ways
The first way to dehydrating bananas, whole bananas, is through — dried bananas. Wash the bananas thoroughly and peel them. We spread it at a distance from each other, and I got seven pieces.
The second way to dehydrating bananas is to make banana chips. First, we clean the bananas, and the mode is 1.8 inches (4.57 cm) thick circles. Then put the bananas on the grid of the tray. It will take 5-7 bananas to fill one tray.
The third method is a banana powder (flour). For this method, you need unripe bananas. To clean them, you need to cut off the edges, then make an incision along with the entire banana. Now gently use your fingers to open the skin along with the cut and remove the banana pulp. Cut into slices, but thinner than for banana chips. Put on a dehydrator tray; you need 4-5 bananas.
How to dehydrate bananas is the fourth way for banana tortillas. For this method, you need to use a solid tray or use a silicone mat. Lubricate the tray with vegetable oil, add two peeled bananas and cover with baking paper. Cover with a board and press down with all your strength. The bananas should flatten out; walk with a rolling pin to be certain. Peel off the paper carefully, and the banana tortillas are ready.
The fifth way for banana rolls. Take three bananas and grind in a blender to a lump-free purée. Lubricate a solid tray or silicone mat with vegetable oil. Spread the banana purée evenly.
How do dehydrating bananas unusually?
The sixth way is barbecue bananas. You will need 1/2 tsp smoked paprika for four bananas, 1/2 tsp red pepper, 50 ml soy sauce. Each banana mode across and across the floor, then each half mode lengthwise into three parts. Dip in soy sauce on all sides. Transfer to a greased tray of a food dehydrator and season with paprika and pepper.
You might think this is a crazy combination, and it is! But it works because its barbecue bananas.
The seventh method of dehydrating bananas is banana peel. Having processed so many bananas, I still have many banana peels. What can be made from banana peels? Peel mode in small pieces and spread on the mesh of the dehydrator trays. We send everything to a food dehydrator and dry it at a temperature of 158 F (70 C) for sixteen hours. That’s why I dried them in another dehydrator.
Dehydrator Temperature Diagram and Banana Cooking Time
How to dehydrate bananas in a food dehydrator? All six trays are complete, and we can load our dehydrator, close the lid, and set the temperature. I chose 113 F (45 C) and the maximum timer value.
Dehydrator temperature chart
|Chips||113 F (45 C)||48|
|Whole||113 F (45 C)||72|
|Powder||113 F (45 C)||48|
|Johnny-cake||113 F (45 C)||18|
|Roll||113 F (45 C)||12|
|BBQ||113 F (45 C)||18|
|Peel||158 F (70 C)||14-16|
Ready-made snacks dehydrating bananas
The first thing I checked was the banana peel. Banana peels are rich in potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and antioxidants. It can serve as a soothing tea. I also use it as a natural fertilizer for my plants. So, I got a whole banana paradise. Unfortunately, real bananas turned out to be jerky, not at all like what they are in stores, and look like gummy candies.
Dehydrated bananas in circles are like crispy chips. If you want to get the depth of the crunch, then you should dry them well. You can dry them at a higher temperature. I finish drying bananas at 140-158 F (60-70 C) for another 2-4 hours.
I grind dehydrating bananas in a blender and use them in baking muffins and pies to make flour. Banana flour has a pleasant aroma and sweetish taste that allows you to control the sugar in your food. Be prepared for the banana powder not to be completely dry as flour. The sugar content does not stick a lot. Therefore, it does not affect the quality of your baked goods.
The banana roll turns out to be delicious and aromatic. It goes well with peanut butter, lays out the paste and rolls like a roll, is cut into portions, and is ready for healthy candies.
Add peanut butter to a banana cake, as it turns out to be as flexible as a candy cane.
Dehydrating bananas BBQ
If you are a BBQ sauce lover, then you will love this barbecue banana chip flavor. The appetizer turns out to be simultaneously spicy, salty, sweet, smoked, and even goes well with beer, but the taste with cinnamon is suitable for lovers of sweet and spicy tastes. Bananas should be soaked in lemon juice for a few minutes before dehydration and sprinkled with cinnamon.
Dehydration of bananas - seven ways
- Food Dehydrator
- 24 pcs Banan
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Red pepper
- 50 ml Soy sauce
- Cooking spray Baking
- Wash bananas thoroughly and peel them. We placed 7 pieces of bananas at a distance from each other.
- Cook banana chips. Peel the bananas, and set the circles to a thickness of 1.8 inches (4.57 cm). Then place the bananas on the wire rack. It takes 5-7 bananas to fill one tray.
- Banana powder (flour). Cut into slices, but thinner than for banana chips. Place on the dehydrator tray; You need 4-5 bananas.
- Making banana tortillas. For this method, you must use a solid bath or silicone mat. Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil, add two peeled bananas and cover with baking paper. Cover with a board and press down with all your strength. Bananas should flatten; Walk with a rolling pin for confidence. Peel off the paper carefully, and the banana tortillas are ready.
- Banana rolls. Take three bananas and blend until lump-free puree. Lubricate a hard pann or silicone mat with vegetable oil. Spread the mashed banana evenly.
- Banana kebab. You will need 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika for four bananas, 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper, 50 ml of soy sauce. Each banana mode is across and across the floor, then each half mode is three-piece long. Dip in soy sauce on all sides. Transfer to an oiled pan of food desiccant and season with paprika and pepper.
- Banana peel. After processing so many bananas, I still have many banana peels. Peel, cut into small pieces, and place on the mesh of dehydrator trays.
- All six trays are complete, and we can load the dehydrator, close the lid and set the temperature. 113 °F (ca. 45 °C) and the maximum value of the timer.
- Chips 48 hours
- Whole 72 hours
- Powder 48 hours
- Johnny-cake 18 hours
- Roll 12 hours
- BBQ 18 hours
- Banana peel at a temperature 158 F (70 C) 14-16 hours
An easy way to dehydrating bananas
You now know how to dehydrating bananas. The only thing left is to start. Feel free to experiment and enjoy cooking!