How to make lemon salt?
Lemon salt is an excellent seasoning for fish and chicken dishes. You can, of course, buy lemon salt at the store, but it can be expensive. Make this salt yourself, especially since there is nothing complicated here.
First, you need to wash the lemons thoroughly. Do it with baking soda: put some baking soda on a clean dishwashing sponge and rub the lemons after a minute.
Warm and preferably hot water. Then wipe dry with a clean towel, and you can now there are lemons and the skins. By the way, it is beneficial to store in the refrigerator already pure lemon.
Lemon salt recipe
- Lemon — 1 PC
- Sea salt — 120 g
- You will need one lemon, already clean, of course. Remove the zest from the lemons and squeeze the juice. Use a juicer to make it faster. On a large ceramic dish for bake, sprinkle about 120 grams of sea salt. Add here prepared zest and lemon juice and stir.
- Preheat the oven to 374 F (190 C), place the dish with salt and fry for about 20 minutes. During this time, stir the salt a couple of times, turn off the oven. After that, put the salt on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and distribute it well. Place the baking sheet in the still-hot oven and leave to cool.
- In the oven, the salt should dry entirely during this time. If suddenly it seems that it is not dry enough, you can turn on the range for another ten minutes. Set the temperature to no more than 122 F (50 C) and turn on the convection mode. It turns out the salt is dehydrated. Pour it into a clean, dry jar and store it in the closet.
It turns out a delicious seasoning for chicken and fish dishes. For example, salmon can be cooked without spices at all. It is also delicious to add a lot of salt to salads, and the soups will be much nicer.
When squeezing the juice, there are always leftovers from the lemon, do not throw them away. Cut into pieces and place in a deep plate, and cover with water. Place in the microwave on maximum power for 15-20 minutes. The water should boil a little; the steam condensed on the walls. It remains to wipe the walls with a damp cloth, and that’s it. No chemical agents. Any dirt comes off easily, and there is no unpleasant smell in the microwave.
How to freeze lemons?
Remove the skin from the lemon, transfer it to a container, and freeze. Squeeze the lemon juice, strain from the seeds, and distribute over the ice cube trays. Add frozen juice to tea cocktails, sauce, and marinades. And in the summer, throw ice cubes into a glass of water to quench your thirst. Add juice and zest to baked goods or used to make lemon salt or lemon cream. Very convenient and always at hand.
Recipe for lemon pie
The pie turns out to be very tender and slightly moist with an excellent aroma while not being complicated at all.
- Lemon — 1.5 PCS (1 piece — for dough, 0.5 bit — for fondant)
- Flour — 260 g
- Eggs — 3 PCS
- Butter — 200 g
- Powdered sugar 250 g (150 g — for dough + 100 g — for fondant)
- Baking powder — 10 g
- Lemon salt — a pinch
- Vanilla — 1 g
Preheat the oven to 356 F (180 C)
We send 150 g of powdered sugar and 200 g of softened butter to a bowl. Beat with a mixer.
Add vanilla and salt. Introduce three eggs one at a time while continuing to beat the dough.
Remove the zest from the lemon and squeeze the juice and add it to the mixer.
Now remix the flour and baking powder.
Grease the form with butter and spread the dough with a spatula. And we put it in the oven for 25 minutes.
Prepare the icing for this; take the juice of half a lemon and 100 g of powdered sugar.
Stir everything until the powder dissolves.
The cooled cake, remove from the mold, apply fondant glaze and serve.
This is how professionals prepare
- 1,5 PCS Lemon (1 piece — for dough, 0.5 bit — for fondant)
- 260 g Flour
- 3 PCS Eggs
- 200 g Butter
- 250 g Powdered sugar (150 g — for dough + 100 g — for fondant)
- 10 g Baking powder
- a pinch Lemon salt
- 1 g Vanilla
- Prepare the food you need. Remove the butter from the refrigerator beforehand so that it softens well. Wash the lemon thoroughly, remove the zest with a fine grater. Try to remove so as not to touch the white part of the peel. Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
- Whisk softened butter, icing sugar and vanillin until smooth. While whisking, add eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice, one at a time.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to a bowl, stir with a whisk.
- Grease a baking dish (30x22 cm). Lay out the dough, flatten with a spatula. Place the roast in a preheated 180 ° C (360 ° F) oven for 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the icing sugar (80 g) and lemon juice (2 tablespoons), stir with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Check the pie for readiness with a toothpick, it should come out of the middle of the pie dry. Cool the pie a little, brush it with lemon icing and let cool completely.
- The cooled cake, remove from the mold, apply fondant glaze and serve.