Eggs in pickle juice for salads and appetizers
In French cuisine, eggs in pickle juice are ordinary—they with a variety of salads and snacks. There are many ways of pickling eggs: broken shells and peeled, with various spicy and aromatic additives, with a coloring effect from onion husks, turmeric, tea, or beets. Possibilities to transform ordinary eggs into something wholly different and exquisite.
Eggs in pickle juice beet for salads and appetizers acquire the great taste and a surprisingly beautiful pink color. We often decorate with eggs in various salads or other dishes, but pickled eggs for salads and appetizers will generate interest among guests. These eggs can also be served as a stand-alone snack. They will look imposing significantly if you cut them in half and fill them with a delicious filling. After all, they are pink not only on the outside — all the protein acquires a marvelous pink color.
Pink eggs with beets
Can use the recipe for eggs in pickle juice beet for chicken and quail eggs. Since the quail eggs are smaller and the marinating time will need to be shortened.
This recipe uses peeled eggs and beets marinated with spices. The white of the egg beets is a deep pink color, while the yolk does not change color. The taste of eggs is spicy and slightly spicy.
The easiest pickled egg appetizer is any green salad, sliced eggs in pickle juice, and marinade beets.
The idea for stuffing eggs
In egg yolks, from eggs in pickle juice, mash with a fork add curd cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to your liking. Pass the peeled garlic clove through a garlic press or rub on a fine grater, add to the rest of the ingredients.
Do not be discouraged if the egg yolk is light and there are no signs of natural yellowness in it. Ground turmeric saves the day. This spice is a natural colorant used to color cheeses and drinks in industrial production. About half a teaspoon of turmeric will give the yolk filling a beautiful yellow color.
We arm ourselves with a blender and turn the filling into a smooth cream with several impulse inclusions. The consistency of the cream is similar to a very thick mayonnaise. We transfer the egg cream into a pastry bag with an asterisk attachment and place the cream portions into the eggs in pickle juice halves.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. By clicking on the link, you do not pay extra for anything.
Pink pickled eggs - Marinated Eggs with Beets
- 10-12 pcs chicken eggs
- 250 ml white vinegar
- 1 pc beets
- 250 ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp spices for the marinade
- 1 tsp salt
- Hard boil the eggs, chill, and peel. Place in a sterile liter jar and start preparing the marinade.
- For the marinade, mix the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and marinade spices in a small saucepan. In a saucepan, clean the beets and three on a coarse grater. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves, then cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the finished marinade through a sieve or cheesecloth (if desired, but more often it is not recommended to do this), and then, while still hot, pour the boiled and peeled eggs in a jar. Close the jar tightly with a sterile lid and let it cool before sending it to the refrigerator for holding.
- Before serving, s should marinate eggs for at least two days, but it is better to increase this period to 2-3 weeks to be thoroughly saturated with the aroma and flavors of the marinade. Serve with salt, pepper, chips, croutons, and an excellent cold light beer.
- The spice mixture for the marinade can be bought in the market in the corresponding department or on the market, but you can (and should) prepare it yourself. There are many such mixtures.
- Here is one of them: 1 tsp black peppercorns, ten cloves buds, one bay leaf, two small dried chili peppers. It is not necessary to grind the spices, but to cook as a whole and not strain. Furthermore, at your discretion, you can add a couple of cloves of garlic, 6-8 allspice peas, 2 tsp to the mixture: mustard seeds, 2 tsp dill seeds, ground ginger, cinnamon stick, and any other spices.
- You can add white onions to the egg marinade, adding a spicy taste to the eggs.