Pink pickled eggs - Marinated Eggs with Beets
- 10-12 pcs chicken eggs
- 250 ml white vinegar
- 1 pc beets
- 250 ml water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp spices for the marinade
- 1 tsp salt
- Hard boil the eggs, chill, and peel. Place in a sterile liter jar and start preparing the marinade.
- For the marinade, mix the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and marinade spices in a small saucepan. In a saucepan, clean the beets and three on a coarse grater. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves, then cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the finished marinade through a sieve or cheesecloth (if desired, but more often it is not recommended to do this), and then, while still hot, pour the boiled and peeled eggs in a jar. Close the jar tightly with a sterile lid and let it cool before sending it to the refrigerator for holding.
- Before serving, s should marinate eggs for at least two days, but it is better to increase this period to 2-3 weeks to be thoroughly saturated with the aroma and flavors of the marinade. Serve with salt, pepper, chips, croutons, and an excellent cold light beer.