Pitted prunes at home
- Food Dehydrator
- 3 kg Plum
- 900 ml Water
- ⅕ kg Sugar
- We wash the selected plums, let the water drain, and remove the seeds, cutting the fruits lengthwise and in half with a sharp knife. As a result, the same plum halves are obtained.
- Pour prepared halves with sugar (at the rate of 400 grams of sugar per kilogram of pitted prunes) and leave at a temperature 71 F for about a day - to separate the juice. Given the sweltering summer, I put prunes on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for this time.
- Drain the juice from the drain and weigh. Make a new syrup based on 1 kg of draining 400 g of sugar with 300 ml of water. In total, calculate taking into account the ready-made syrup from the plums. You should get about 900 ml of syrup.
- Bring to a boil and turn off, let cool under a lid on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for about 24 hours.
- Drain and drain. Place gently on the pan of a food dehydrator.
- Stage 1: dry for 4 hours at 167 - 176 F (75 - 80 ° C). We change trays in places and turn over the pieces. Stage 2: dry for 4 - 6 hours at a temperature of 140 F (60 ° C). We change trays, turn over the plums. Stage 3: until the product is ready, approximately 4 - 6 hours at 122 - 131 F (50 - 55 ° C).